The Park Theatre opened on December 23, 1911 as the first movie theater in Glens Falls where the town gathered to watch silent films and vaudeville shows. The theatre closed in 1935 and the Glens Falls Post Co., publishers of The Post-Star, purchased the theater building in 1937 and converted it to a printing plant.
Dr. Harold Kirkpatrick, a local plastic surgeon, bought the building in 1984 and worked on improving it with hopes of using it as a performing arts center. He rented the space out for occasional concerts and Jerry Aratare operated a movie theater there for a short time in 2010.
In July 2014, local developer Elizabeth Miller (president of Miller Mechanical) purchased the property from the Kirkpatrick family. With the help of AJA Architecture and Planning and Cifone Construction Co., The Park Theater has been transformed into a state of the art performing space with Doc’s Restaurant downstairs.